Assistant Warehouse Manager
Are you looking for a challenging role in a fast moving and growing business? Do you want a role where you can demonstrate how you can maximise the efficiency of your operation whilst still despatching goods meeting the demanding standards of UK and international retailers and eCommerce customers? This Northamptonshire role is to support the Warehouse Manager in the day to day running of the warehouse. It’s a 40 hour week where you’ll need to be flexible to cover for the Warehouse Manager and Team Leaders when on annual leave. The business currently runs an early and backshift, with a 4.30 finish in a Friday. Normal hours for this role will be 10am – 7pm Mon-Thurs, 10am – 4.30pm on Friday.
- Order Management, overseeing the daily output of orders, ensuring priorities set by the business are followed. Ensure all picked/packed orders are completed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Create individual delivery notes and/or customer invoices as required, making sure all relevant details are correct and attached accordingly.
- Ensure appropriate and most cost-effective order shipping is utilised, depending on customer requirements.
- Support warehouse team with workload during busy times and when team members are absent
- People Management: Deputising for the Warehouse Manager in their absence, work with the Warehouse Manager in planning to ensure optimum staff levels are achieved, managing holidays, absence etc; Assist with the induction, training, performance, coaching and development of the warehouse team, keeping the team up to date on company policies, and ensuring the correct procedures are followed.
- Stock Management; rolling stock counts, investigating discrepancies, ensuring pick locations are correct and replenished.
- Oversee the Warehouse Storeman, offloading containers, receiving supplier deliveries, completing documentation, assisting with the workload during peak times.
- Oversee inwards goods processing, checking delivery quantities are correct and correspond to delivery documentation
Ideally, you’ll be experienced in warehouse operations and logistics (2 years in a similar role) with eCommerce and retail customers and have a good knowledge of DPD, UPS & Royal Mail OBA. You’ll be experienced in people management and have good H&S and HR process knowledge and be able to communicate professionally with colleagues, team members, suppliers and couriers, demonstrating your ability to assess problems and take a common-sense approach. You should be able to work non-standard hours, to cover for team members as required, and ideally, you’ll have a fork lift licence too.
On offer is a salary of £23k -£26k, including pension scheme, 20 days holiday entitlement + an extra day for every year worked. 40 hours per week, working hours 10:00 – 19:00 Mon-Thu, 10:00 – 16:30 Fri (flexibility is important).
Successful applications will be contacted within 7 days. Hopefully we will speak with you soon.
Supply Chain People Ltd are an employment business.