This is a new role for a growing business with group operations for its products in all sectors; it is secure, growing and has the market for its products covered. Reporting to the Trading Manager, the Customs System Manager role will be initially supporting Brexit transition import and customs processes, developing into a group wide role for Customs systems Management and moving towards a customs warehouse and AEO operation.
- Managing customs best practice for a high-volume FOB import process managing circa 8,000 TEU per annum,
- Ensuring good systems and process are in place to ensure all legal compliance is met, in light of Brexit and onwards.
- Working in a collaborative manner across the supply chain to ensure an efficient service to UK depots, engaging with key stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Build and develop relationships with internal stakeholders and be the first point of escalation for issues arising
- Engaging with key stakeholders internally and externally to ensure a functioning supply chain
The Successful Applicant will have:
- In depth knowledge and experience in Customs and Excise regulations
- Experience managing Customs Compliance
- Knowledge of import and export from non-EU countries, particularly the documentation and certificates needed for goods to enter the UK
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills, comfortable working with a variety of stakeholders at all levels
- Experience in an AEO certified environment is an advantage
On offer is a salary circa £35k, 31 days holiday, pension, and life assurance. This is a role with a clear path for progression and opportunity to build a successful career, within a strong performing group of companies. Apply Now!
Successful applications will be contacted within 7 days. Hopefully we will speak with you soon.
Supply Chain People Ltd are an employment business.