General Manager – Furniture Supplier
My client is a supplier of imported and UK manufactured furniture products to the hotel & leisure, public sector and retail industries who have undergone rapid growth over the last 2 years. Operating over two sites in North Leicestershire, they now require a General Manager to deliver their future growth plans, taking responsibility for Sales, Operations and Finance. The business requires a commercial, hands-on and energetic approach to achieve its sales targets whilst improving systems, processes and service.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will be responsible for leading the business, delivering ambitious sales targets and net profit forecasts. You will inspire and motivate a team of circa 20 to generate new business and deliver operational efficiencies, ensuring that the structure and systems are in place to meet the demands of a growing business.
· Provide strategic leadership to organise and manage resources achieving the strategy, ensuring high levels of performance and quality which meet current and future business requirements.
· Have demonstrable experience and a proven track record of managing operations, including; importing from the Far East and Eastern Europe, forecasting and demand planning; and warehouse and transport planning in an e-commerce, drop shipment and traditional distribution channel environment.
· You will have a strong customer focus and commercial acumen, an energetic and positive attitude to engage and drive change, and a hands on style of management.
· Manage the human resource of the business, including performance management and recruitment.
· Be ambitious and self-reliant, you will be a strong team player with excellent communication skills and a willingness to have an immediate and long term impact on the business strategy.
· Have excellent interpersonal, influencing and organisational skills.
· Be financially astute with experience of the impact of a seasonal product mix and foreign exchange rates.
· You will be sales focused, detailed and analytical to reliably deliver agreed KPI’s.
· Experienced with ERP systems, preferably Net Suite.
· Salary dependent on experience £50,000 - £65,000 and car allowance (package up to £70k)
· 10% Bonus based on performance.
· 24 days holiday + bank holidays
· Some flexibility with working hours on a seasonal basis.