Salary £40,000 - £55,000, car allowance, pension and life assurance
Reporting to the Finance Director you’ll be responsible for all group purchasing activity for this metal component manufacturer. Operating across all UK and Far East manufacturing sites, you will manage supplier relationships with all key suppliers ensuring correct quality, lowest possible price, lead times and OTIF service.
You’ll develop and provide strategic direction on the raw material, consumables and services spend, and will be the senior level contact for supplier communication and negotiation. Key elements of the role include:
- Develop and implement Group Purchasing strategies to support both immediate and future needs with respect to bought-out materials.
- Supplier relationship management through regular reviews, visits and supplier audits with new suppliers measured and reported against current suppliers
- Negotiate with suppliers backed by SLA’s and supply contracts for at least top 10 suppliers by value to ensure on time delivery, to the correct quality and at the lowest possible price and risk.
- Provide guidance and support to other members of the Group Purchasing Team to resolve general or specific issues that arise on an ad-hoc basis. To ensure that all sites are working in a consistent manner towards the same Departmental objectives.
- Work closely with the senior management team to identify and resolve potential material, inventory or commercial issues before they affect the business.
- Travel to other sites within the Group to build relationships internally and externally.
- To be a champion of process improvements.
You’ll have an excellent understanding of manufacturing environments and a proven ability to manage supplier relationships, terms and prices.
Successful applications will be contacted within 7 days. Hopefully we will speak with you soon.