Are you looking for a positive, socially responsible and forward thinking eco – friendly business? One that is growing so fast that there will be opportunities for your progression? This is a new role that you can make your own in a multi award winning international business. You’ll be providing support to the purchasing team in all aspects of purchasing, supply and receipt of their products. This is a busy and varied role where you will work cross functionally across the business.
- Support the raising and place purchase orders in line with the stock requirements with suppliers in the UK and Asia.
- Manage the purchase orders process ensuring the critical path is maintained highlighting where there may be potential delays.
- Liaise with suppliers on container planning and bookings, ensuring that the right stock is loaded in order at the right time.
- Liaise with our external logistics providers on the transportation and importation of our products. Reviewing the daily updates on the freight booked, in transit and arrivals. Highlighting potential any potential issues to the wider business.
- Ensuring that the import documents are received from our suppliers. Provide the logistics partner with e instructions on the goods to be imported along with commodity code classification, duty and VAT rates.
- Liaise with our suppliers on orders being shipped direct to our global customers.
- Collation of all documents to support the invoice sign off and payment to suppliers and logistics providers.
What you can bring to the role:
- A good understanding of import administration and managing the critical path of product is essential, preferably from the Far East.
- Competent user of Excel.
- Conscientious, attention to detail, self-motivated with excellent organisational skills.
A salary of £20k - £24k, 25 days’ holiday and pension. This is a rapidly growing company with good opportunities for progression.
Import Merchandiser, Supply Planner, Customs, Purchasing Co-ordinator, Purchasing Assistant, supply chain co-ordinator, Merchandiser Assistant, Assistant Merchandiser.
Successful applications will be contacted within 7 days. If you don’t hear from one of our Consultants, please be assured that we will contact you if you are suitable for any of our other vacancies. Hopefully, we will speak with you soon.
Supply Chain People Ltd are an employment business.