International Accounts Manager – Consumer Products (France & Spain)
Reporting to the Head of Sales and working closely with country specific marketing assistants, you will be responsible for driving sales in France, Spain and Portugal to national supermarket and pharmacy channels. Previous experience working with French supermarkets and / or pharmacies is essential and you must have a good grasp of all areas of digital and have a strong commercial awareness.
The company is an award-winning international brand leader and has seen rapid growth over the last 3 years. They have more than doubled in turnover in the last year and are making significant investments as a fast-growing SME business. They have a dynamic sales & marketing team which sell their consumer products internationally to national retail groups, pharmacies and independent businesses.
- Ensure growth in these markets through increasing range, marketing & promotional opportunity & special events as well as developing new retail accounts
- Supporting & build on existing national retailer sales in the French, Spanish and Portuguese markets
- Identifying new business opportunities with national retailers in these markets.
- Managing the process for the setup of new national retailers in these markets.
- Managing regular audits of existing international national retailer websites to ensure products are on sale, available for purchase and ranged in the most relevant categories, as well as conducting follow up communication in order to build sales, cross-sell and identify new opportunities.
- Working closely with the Head of Marketing in maximising marketing and promotional opportunities with national retailers in these markets.
- Working with the Head of Product on bespoke sales opportunities with each national retailer.
- Attendance of an annual trade fair and ability to present and sell products face to face, retaining existing client base and acquiring new leads.
- Additional trips abroad may be required.
- Experience of working with national retailers is essential, preferably internationally
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar account management position
- French and / or Spanish language skills.
- Good Excel skills (ability to manipulate and analyse data)
- Proactive approach, ability to multitask and manage work load effectively
- You must have the confidence and experience to develop the role & make it your own
- Excellent communicator.
- Good Negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Outgoing, flexible and enthusiastic personality.
Salary is dependent on experience, hours are 8.30am – 5pm. Pension scheme, 20 days’ holiday entitlement + an extra day for every year worked.
Successful applications will be contacted within 7 days. Hopefully we will speak with you soon.
Supply Chain People Ltd are an employment business.