This is a fast paced, consumer goods business with ecommerce operations run from their countryside Northampton HQ. They have received investment toward developing their infrastructure, systems and process to help them scale the business significant over the next 4 years.
You will be responsible for:
- All infrastructure technical resources and operations, covering network, telecommunications, server, storage, backup, database, virtualisation and software distribution, the planning/coordinating, reviewing and maintaining the Company's ERP, other core business systems (including but not limited to NAV ERP/WMS, Shopify/Global-e, duty management software, CRM, BI, document storage, B2B web portals, data warehouse) , all integrations, network & hardware/assets including administration, maintenance, and development ensuring any required software licences are sufficient and valid working with external suppliers/developers where applicable and the supporting of these systems for end users and shaping the overall data management strategy for the company.
- The development, centralisation and automation (where possible) of key reporting, dashboards and analysis for the business, creating and enabling value-added insights helping direct the company to make data driven decisions. Using BI tools and software, implementing a data warehouse to enable self-serve data and training users where required.
- The enhancement of the network/system and data security ensuring user roles and profiles within the main network, ERP & other business systems align with and support the review of segregation of duties, GDPR compliance and protection of employee personal data.
- Proactively contributing to the continuous improvement of technology/business processes through identifying opportunities for improvement and implementing changes whilst promoting a continuous improvement culture within the wider business context. Assist the business in change management of their systems as the organization continues to evolve, implementing and managing process for documentation and change control procedures. Reviewing operations with key stakeholders to identify how processes can be digitised/automated to improve business performance.
Ensure the use of the ERP and other business systems are optimised from the perspectives of process efficiency, financial control and business effectiveness including;
- Enable ability to rapidly scale in terms of business volume and complexity, enhancing efficiency and productivity in running streamlined business processes
- Transparency of performance that facilitates performance measurement, performance management and the promotion of accountability
- Data integrity and work towards single source of truth
- Using approval and workflow mechanisms to drive efficiency in decision-making by appropriate delegations of authority
- Initiate company IT policy for employees as part of their contract, ensure strong password policy & other network security enhancements, new starter/leaver processes within IT are defined and that appropriate permission to systems is in place.
- Development and ownership of relationship with third party developers/suppliers.
- Oversee daily operational efficiency of company systems and end user support
- Identify repetitive, inaccurate or time-consuming processes that can be automated and deliver sustainable solutions
You’ll have good knowledge of SQL, ERP, WMS, Advanced Excel & other Microsoft products, data visualisation software/BI tools; demonstrable awareness of financial processes & data requirements and a willingness to engage with a diverse range of work and projects
On offer is a salary between £40,000 and £50,000 and excellent opportunities to take the role where it needs to go.
Successful applications will be contacted within 7 days. Hopefully we will speak with you soon.
Supply Chain People Ltd are an employment business.