Would you like to work for one of the largest food companies in the UK? Due to increased production requirements, my Client requires a Materials Planner responsible for the materials forecast and packaging requirements to ensure OTIF customer fulfilment.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manger you will be in close liaison with the Technical and Production teams to ensure your success.
- Forecast materials and packaging requirements to ensure production is supplied on time in full against planned production
- Responsible for managing stock levels
- Placements of orders with suppliers,
- Maintenance of MRP system and ensure forecasts are aligned to production and commercial forecasts.
- Setting up new material and supplier codes within the system
- Agreeing supplier credits or rebates for products not meeting specification
- Query invoice resolution with suppliers
- Liaise with central procurement in delivering any purchasing initiatives to be implemented.
- Substantial food manufacturing experience preferably in a faced pace short self-life environment
- Have an adaptable, flexible and hands on attitude
- Excellent Excel skills (pivot tables and V look ups)
£25k -£27k + benefits +25 days holiday + Pension + free parking