This exciting homeware goods business is looking for an experienced Merchandise Planner to join their team to manage category sales, OTB and the intake plan by the effective forecasting and management of factory volume to maximise availability. This is a high sku environment, so you’ll be at adept at interpreting large volumes of data from multiple sources.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ownership of sku level planning to include seasonal sales plans, buffer stock calculations and factory lead time management. Ongoing analysis of product and account trading sku specific data to consistently improve forecast accuracy
- Translation into volume production capacity plans and ownership of accurate shipment schedule in line with OTB phasing parameters
- Ongoing management of product critical path from order placements through to delivery.
- Provide seasonal and quarterly forecasts to suppliers, informing them of volume commitments and expectations in terms of shipments and delivery dates. Communication of purchasing and trading issues with proposed actions to senior management and buyers.
- Analyse supplier delivery and margin performance and recommend appropriate actions within volume and cost ratios.
- Monitor and manage the availability of stock by ensuring planned launch and replenishment dates are adhered to in line with internal and external customer guidelines.
- Recommendations within growth opportunities for category sales, margin and availability through ongoing interpretation of seasonal performance.
Ideally you have 2-3 years’ experience in a similar FMCG, merchandising, forecasting or supply chain planning role, from a multichannel retail or eCommerce business working with owned and sourced brands from the Far East.
Salary is between £27k and up to £30k depending on experience. 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and a generous pension after your probation period.
Successful applications will be contacted within 7 days. If you don’t hear from one of our Consultants, please be assured that we will contact you if you are suitable for any of our other vacancies. Hopefully we will speak with you soon. Supply Chain People Ltd are an employment business.