The company is an international brand leader in the reusable nappy industry. Working within the baby and children’s products space, the Brand has seen rapid growth over the last 2 years. The company has more than doubled in turnover year on year and is making significant investments as a fast-growing SME. They have a dynamic team selling across multiple channels and multiple worldwide markets. From humble beginnings as a small business set up in the English countryside, Bambino Mio now sell their multi award-winning products to parents around the world.
With ambitions for continued rapid growth and a significant increase in brand awareness the company is investing in New Product Development within their field of ‘’change time.’’ Working with both internal & external experts to develop and bring innovative quality products to the market in an efficient and timely manner.
Reporting to the Managing Director the Head of NPD will form an integral part of the senior management team. They will be responsible for understanding market trends and customer’s requirements, translating these into new concepts and managing the entire process through to product launch. They will project manage the whole process bringing together outside manufacturers, designers and consultants, as well as our internal Fabric Technologist, Operations and Marketing to ensure timely delivery of the products whilst maximising the commercial opportunity.
The successful candidate will have significant experience within a new product development or buying role in the nursery industry, and is able to demonstrate taking a product from concept to production and through to launch. In addition, they will have experience of leading and managing a team and a genuine interest in baby products.
- Project manage the NPD process.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to deliver against specific briefs.
- Be responsible for scheduling, cost control and specification adherence for standard and bespoke products, both manufactured and sourced.
- Drive the development of the NPD process to work efficiently and provide maximum value to the business.
- Direct and advise the business on industry trends and innovation in all areas.
- Be responsible for full communication of new launches to relevant teams including details, timings and positioning.
- Work with the Marketing team to develop stories for new product launches including compliant product copy and appropriate information for the training team.
- Manage and co-ordinate cost analysis and pricing for new products ensuring targets are met.
- Responsible for operational set-up of all NPD, including BOM's, product specifications, etc.
- Source innovation and new suppliers continuously to ensure costs are being driven down and business continuity is protected.
- Maintain strong relationships with all suppliers and be responsible for negotiating costs to maintain budget for new launches.
- Responsible for delivering projects on-time, on-specification and on-budget.
- Contribute to the overall business direction and strategy.
- Strong Project Management skills to deliver project to agreed time, cost and quality parameters.
- Passionate about understanding customer needs.
- Knowledge about the latest nursery industry trends.
- Passionate about understanding commercial opportunity and reality.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Be experienced with critical paths and development timelines.
- Have experience working with creatives.
- Adaptable - willing to accept responsibilities outside their normal remit.
- Have awareness of compliance and product safety.
- Have a very strong commercial sense and can express this creatively and commercially.
Salary is negotiable dependant on experience, 20 days holiday rising by 1 day for each year worked and pension 8.30am – 5pm
Successful applications will be contacted within 7 days. If you don’t hear from one of our Consultants, please be assured that we will contact you if you are suitable for any of our other vacancies. Hopefully we will speak with you soon.
Supply Chain People Ltd are an employment business.