This is a new role for a business with serious growth potential. They are implementing a new structure to facilitate their growth enabling the delivery of the current and future business plans. This is an exciting time to join this niche international business, as it develops it market reach and fulfils its sales pipeline. This is a new position that requires tenacity and leadership. It is expected that all service, training and in house customer support staff will report to this position.
The Operations Manager will also work closely with the Commercial Manager, ensuring that the company’s sales strategy is not hindered by lack of appropriate technical resource or skills. This role will execute each customer order as well as retain customer service revenue and upsell through training and maintenance contracts.
It is expected that the successful candidate will: -
- Inherit the current service and training structure that supports customers’ equipment both in repair, maintenance and annual certification.
- Provide direct customer support as and when necessary
- Develop new training revenues for existing and new product
- Ensure that all contracts for installation, service and repair are executed on time and in full – every time
- Improve the working practices of service engineers and training staff.
- Improve service engineers’ productivity
- Improve Customer Service from adequate to excellent
- Develop and implement new working practices as and when required
- Develop and implement new company business procedures as and when required
Future Role Development
Once these initial tasks have been achieved it is expected that the Operations Manager’s role will develop into a senior management position with direct responsibility for the profitability (gross margin generation) of the following revenue streams: -
- Service / Repair / Certification
After one year, the Operations Manager’s role will expand to take further responsibility to:
- Manage and direct operations team to achieve agreed business targets.
- Assist in developing & / or updating standard operating procedures for all operational activities of the business
- Conduct performance reviews (Minimum every 3 months) and provide performance feedback to staff. When necessary implement and monitor, disciplinary procedures including employee termination.
- Assist in annual employee appraisals, promotions and compensation.
- Provide daily / weekly / monthly operational support, leadership and guidance to staff.
- Assist in developing operating business expense budgets.
- Assist the General Manager and Commercial Manager in developing company annual profit plans
- Monitor and control employee expenses per company policy and customer need
- Assist in interviewing, recruiting and training operational staff.
- Manage daily work assignments and allocation of appropriate staff to them
- Maintain accurate and clear documentation for operational procedures and activities.
- Ensure the operations team follows ALL company operating procedures.
- Conduct regular meetings with the operations team to discuss about issues, concerns, updates etc.
- Develop and implement operational risk and audit process for safe working practices on and off site
- Responsible for the company ISO Certification and all quality standards.
You’ll be a hands-on person, can manage multiple tasks at any one time, and have good communication skills. You are likely to have been employed in an evolving / growing business previously and understand that sometimes “it’s all hands-on deck” and you will be able to do this with whilst building processes to deliver a robust and quality service. You will have the vision to understand where the operation needs to be to deliver the future sales targets and will work towards providing standard operating procedures, structure and staffing to support that.
Salary will be based on experience, between £30k - £37k
Successful applications will be contacted within 7 days. If you don’t hear from one of our Consultants, please be assured that we will contact you if you are suitable for any of our other vacancies. Hopefully we will speak with you soon.
Supply Chain People Ltd are an employment business.