Procurement & Sourcing Manager
Up to £40k + benefits 25 days holiday and opportunity for some remote working
This is a newly created role for a growing manufacturer of specialised products supplying protective equipment and clothing internationally to the security industries, including the Police, Security Military, Shipping, Retailer and direct to consumer.
- Analyse sourcing chains that support business strategies.
- Appraise suppliers’ capability and capacity
- Develop and implement the integrated commodity strategy
- Establish a Sourcing Database
- Map the Global Sourcing status and developed a 5-year and beyond strategic plan for adapting changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies for sustainable sourcing
- Evaluate and improve sourcing and bidding approaches
- Analyse Total Cost of Ownership
- Negotiate short and long-term contracts and developing strategic relationships with suppliers
- Responsible for any commercial aspect of the sourcing contracts from sourcing to negotiation to execution, including claims for non-quality and charges for late deliveries.
- Implement alternative sources to minimize inventory levels, risks, stock replacement times and costs.
- Cooperate with the suppliers closely to identify opportunities in short and long term
- Lead the implementation of cost reduction initiatives in sourcing
- Establish the supplier’s performance monitoring system to analyse their performance KPIs; develop the structure to enhance their performance or initiate necessary actions to mitigate sourcing risks including dual sourcing activities if required
- Robust and effective application of supply chain policies and processes, including pricing, item data record maintenance, material accounting
Candidate skills & experience
- Knowledge of data management and analysis skills to diagnose, improve and drive supplier performance and compliance.
- Experience of inventory & supplier management
- Good time management, with the ability to work under pressure, maintain accuracy and keep to deadlines
- The ability to solve problems and make decisions, as well as to think strategically and laterally
- Excellent relationship management skills, with the ability to work collaboratively
- Business management and analytical skills
- The ability to lead and motivate a team
- IT literacy, skills in Excel and the ability to handle electronic data and understanding of risk management in the context of the supply chain.
This is a dynamic business where new materials, products and markets are evolving. You should be able to work autonomously, in fast paced, changing environment, and enjoy a sociable and fun environment.
On offer is a salary up to £40k + Benefits + opportunities for some remote working. Apply Now!