Reporting to the Senior Planner the purpose of this role is to ensure accurate production plans are created in a timely manner that hit targets on customer service, waste & operational efficiency. Targets are to achieve 100% service OTIF, whilst meeting quality standards.
- To produce the production plans for all operational departments based on stock, customer demand and operational capability.
- To ensure all of the area plans are confirmed and communicated within the allotted timescales
- To assist the Senior Planner and Planning Manager with any ad hoc reports, investigations as and when required.
- To ensure maintenance of the relevant systems and files.
- To produce production and stock reports as and when required.
- To release stock held at external warehouses to meet customer demand and liaise with our Logistics Team.
- To carry out stock discrepancy investigations if identified.
- Support NPD and Engineering by releasing production time to them without compromising customer availability or operational efficiency.
· Previous planning/scheduling experience in a fast moving environment preferred
· Good communication and strong organisational skills
· Comfortable working with numerical data and calculations
· Be able to prioritise, manage deadlines and make decisions in time pressured situations
· Proactive team focussed approach
· Good problem-solving skills
· Effective and clear communication both internal and external
· Proactive and tenacious approach to problem solving
· Computer literacy, Microsoft Office and Excel skills
· Knowledge of Food Quality and Health & Safety standards
On offer is a salary up to £27,500 + holiday, pension and benefits