Purchasing and Supply Chain Manager
£45,000 - £50,000 + Benefits + Pension
Reporting to the Head of Operations, the Purchasing and Supply Chain Manager you will be managing purchasing and supply chain for fine food products to UK based customers. You’ll provide leadership and enthusiasm to your team of 5 Buyers to optimise and develop the function.
Key Role Responsibilities:
• Manage and coordinate the team to ensure accurate ordering and efficient processes are followed in order to meet the needs of our customers.
• Take ownership of a portfolio of key suppliers. Negotiate prices, develop forecast and building relationship.
• Seek out new opportunities and present proposals to senior management designed to improve processes and the product range.
• Manage inbound logistics via third party providers based in Europe, and oversee the smooth flow of goods from EU. Ensure correct procedures are adhered to enable smooth passage of goods across the border.
• Manage company stock holding effectively in order to meet net working capital target.
Ideally, you’ll have managed a small team in a food business previously with strong negotiation, purchasing and supply chain knowledge for importing products from Europe. You’ll have experience with ERP systems, (these guys use SAP.) and excellent MS office knowledge particularly excel.
Supply Chain People Ltd are an employment business.