This is an excellent opportunity for and experienced Buyer from a wholesale retail or manufacturing background. This niche manufacture and wholesaler has experienced rapid growth over the last 4 years and are now recruiting for a Senior Buyer to join their warm friendly team.
Salary £23k - £26k, 28 days holiday (including bank holidays), free parking, pension, hours are 8-5pm.
In this role you’ll be responsible for the day to day management of the purchasing function with a focus on continuous improvement. You will:
• Manage and continuously review the Purchase Order System (MRP), to ensure it is accurate, up to date and consistently meets the requirements of the business;
• Purchase materials in line with inventory targets;
• Timely and effective communication of forecasts and purchase orders to suppliers;
• Continually review the overall “value” offered by existing suppliers and ensure that the Company’s purchasing remains globally competitive.
• Assist with regular re-negotiations of terms of business/service agreements and performance evaluation with suppliers, taking corrective action as required.
• Check and authorise designated invoices for stock, packaging and carriage items.
Ideally you have 3years + buying experience in a MRP environment, demonstrating good knowledge of materials flow and best practice. You’ll have experience of working in a global supply chain with a strong record of negotiating price and terms.
Successful applications will be contacted within 7 days. Hopefully we will speak with you soon.
Supply Chain People Ltd are an employment business.