Our client is a plant-based food supplier with global growth and a presence in 6 countries and growing. This is their first break into the UK market with orders in place for UK retailers. The opportunity is both hands on and strategic, self-managing and fully responsible for service to UK retailers. Reporting to the COO, this role will develop at pace with the opportunity to grow your team and the business. Stock options, bonuses and benefits are on offer.
This multi-faceted position oversees and manages the organisation's overall supply chain from production to import including purchasing and inventory keeping of raw materials and stock, co-packing management, selection of vendors, and import management of goods by containers using 3PL. It is fast paced and dynamic requiring a highly driven and talented individual.
Position requires cold chain and food experience for minimum 6 years.
Procurement, Supply Planning (demand forecasting) and export container management of plant-based food production:
- Purchasing of raw materials, packaging
- Managing co-manufacturing process
- Inventory management of raw materials and manufacturing production
- Demand forecasting
- Implement disciplines and processes
- Work with finance, sales, and manufacturing team to determine best vendors and distributors
- Determine key supply chain KPI's
- Negotiating contracts with suppliers and customers
- Supporting manufacturing and delivery processes
- Planning and implementing logistical strategy, ensuring targets are met
- Overseeing product storage, handling, and distribution
- Ensuring that goods are tracked from origin to delivery
- Identify process bottleneck and implement solutions in a timely manner
- Working on forecasts and inventories, keeping an accurate record of the process and analysing performance
- Build and maintain good relationships with vendors, suppliers, and distributors
You will be resourceful and a solution seeker, with evidence of being able to work independently. You will have significant experience in cold chain and food manufacturing and are likely to have a degree in supply chain management or an equivalent education.
On offer is a salary for £35k -£42k + stock Options + Bonus’s + Benefits. Opportunities like this do not come along frequently, so apply now for more information.
Successful applications will be contacted within 7 days. Hopefully we will speak with you soon.
Supply Chain People Ltd are an employment business.