Supply Chain Planner – Ecommerce
Are you an experienced Supply Chain Planner or Merchandiser experienced in a high SKU retail or consumer goods environment planning for pureplay retailers or ecommerce channels? Are you skilled in monitoring stock availability, fulfilment, stock turn and inventory value?
This is a role for an established, growing and dynamic business working with over 5000 active sku’s to forecast, plan demand and place orders on circa 100 suppliers ensuring optimised availability for their main ecommerce channel -Amazon.
The main purpose of the role is to ensure maximum stock availability and increase forecasting accuracy, whilst maintaining acceptable inventory levels. Ensuring that products are delivered within acceptable time frames and delivered in-line with customer packing/logistical requirements.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for day-to-day supply management of items being sold to key ecommerce retailers with an inventory managment responsibility of £10m-£15m per annum.
- Management of customer forecast, stock reservation and interpretation of data for 5000 + skus. Deliver maximum product availability within budgeted inventory targets through effective end-to-end management of the supply chain.
- Maintain appropriate inventory strategies (weeks of supply, buffer stock, etc.) to support brand and customer specific service levels. Constant engagement with customer to discuss performance vs KPI’S, forecasting and logistical requirements
- Interaction with key internal partners within the ecommerce team in understanding of sell through, sales phasing, site positioning, competitor activity, relevant actions plus ongoing review of customer inventory reservation programme in line with company stockholding.
- Manage large scale product selections including customer specific ranging in terms of supply management and product vendors. Interaction with supply chain & ecommerce of inventory and forecasting cross-over with company supply and demand.
You’ll be looking for a role where you can make an impact, demonstrate your influencing skills across buying and merchandising, e-commerce and sales teams to enable the significant planned growth of the Channel.
The ideal person will already be in a supply chain planning or merchandising role in an fmcg or retail e-commerce environment with a track record of planning high volume sku’s in a growing market.
You’ll be confident to make the role your own; have exceptional data manipulation skills and experience with SAP and Slimstock would also be useful.
Salary is between £28k and up to £35k depending on experience. 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and a generous pension after your probation period.
Successful applications will be contacted within 7 days. If you don’t hear from one of our Consultants, please be assured that we will contact you if you are suitable for any of our other vacancies. Hopefully we will speak with you soon. Supply Chain People Ltd are an employment business.