My multi award winning consumer goods client is experiencing significant growth and are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Supply Chain Co-ordinator, to support the supply chain in all aspects of purchasing, supply, import and delivery of product. This is a busy and varied role where you will work cross functionally across the business.
- Raise and place purchase orders in line with the stock requirements with suppliers in the UK and Asia.
- Manage the purchase orders process ensuring the critical path is maintained highlighting where there may be potential delays.
- Ensure that the business system and reports are kept up to date and is relevant to the shape of the stock being produced and shipped.
- Liaise with suppliers on container planning and bookings, ensuring that the right stock is loaded in order at the right time.
- Liaise with our external logistics providers on the transportation and importation of our products. Reviewing the daily updates on the freight booked, in transit and arrivals. Highlighting potential any potential issues to the wider business.
- Ensuring that the import documents are received from our suppliers in good time and are correct. Provide our logistics partner with clear and concise instructions on the goods to be imported along with commodity code classification, duty and VAT rates.
- Liaise with our suppliers on orders being shipped direct to our global customers. Being able to digest and articulate to the supplier the key customers packaging specification and shipment requirements.
- Collation of all documents to support the invoice sign off and payment to suppliers and logistics providers. Ensuring that all qty’s and values are correct prior to sign off and payment.
- Support the Supply chain in the administration of customs warehousing.
You’ll bring to the role;
- Ideally 1-2yrs experience in a Purchasing / supply chain or import position or from a wholesale background.
- A good understanding of importing products from the Far East and managing the critical path.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office.
- Conscientious, attention to detail, self-motivated
- Happy to ‘roll up their sleeves’ and do what is required to achieve results.
- Excellent organisational, communication skills as you will be dealing with Far East factories on a daily basis.
A salary of £20k - £25k, 25 days’ holiday and pension. This is a rapidly growing company with good opportunities for progression.
Successful applications will be contacted within 7 days. If you don’t hear from one of our Consultants, please be assured that we will contact you if you are suitable for any of our other vacancies. Hopefully, we will speak with you soon.
Supply Chain People Ltd are an employment business.