Are you an enthusiastic and experienced Transport Planner with a previous experience in a busy consumer goods environment, planning routes to independent and national retailers?
If you are a confident route planner with UK wide planning experience this could be the role for you. This is a fast paced business that is seeing increased demand for its products. They require someone with a keen eye for customer service, who is able to be responsive to changing demands and the ability to be calm under pressure.
Create and track daily routing plans delivering all required transport movements
- Monitor driver base to achieve deliveries within legislation and to company standards
- Brief and de-brief drivers on their daily duties and KPI's
- Maintain a high level of service in line with customer requirements
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure high customer service standards are achieved
- Previous experience either as a transport planner with excellent geographical knowledge of the UK
- A good understanding of transport/logistics H&S and environmental regulations
- Organisational and time-management ability, thinking on your feet and solution oriented.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Problem solving and decision-making aptitude with a positive and co-operative mindset to get the best out of the Drivers you
Salary is dependent on experience £25k - £28k with benefits and pension.
Supply Chain People Ltd are an employment business.